CEC – Canadian Experience Class

Canadian Experience Class program is for applicants who have Canadian work experience or have worked in Canada before and want to become a Permanent Resident.

Minimum Requirements for Canadian Experience Class

To be qualified, you must:

  • Meet the required language levels for each of the language ability or skill:
    • Writing
    • Reading
    • Listening
    • Speaking
  • At least 1 year of full-time work experience in the skilled trade or industry within the 3 years before applying
  • Your work experience was from working legally in Canada

Work experience means:

  • Managerial jobs (skill level 0)
  • Professional jobs (skill type A)
  • Technical jobs (skill type B)

You should be able to prove that the duties you performed are set out in the lead statement of the description of your occupation which can be found in the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed on the said list.

Please note that experience from self-employment and work experience, while you are a student, does not count here.


This is not required for the Federal Skilled Trades Program, however, to improve your rank in the Express Entry pool, these are what you can do:

  • Did you attend school in Canada? If so, you can acquire points


You can also read more about Canada Immigration from our blog and read the latest updates from our website. We can help you find the life in Canada that you wish for. Contact us to know more about the process that you want to follow and we can help you decide.