Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents

If you want parents and grandparents sponsorship and want them to become permanent residents of Canada.

You must do the following:

  • Financially support them and their dependents
  • You have to be sure they will not be needing social assistance from the government.

Eligibility for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship in Canada

You may be able to sponsor your own parents and grandparents if you meet the following criteria:

  • You are 18 years old at least
  • You are presently residing in Canada
  • You should be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person listed in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
  • You must have sufficient money to provide for the persons you want to sponsor, and you must provide evidence of this.

Whom you may be able to sponsor

You may sponsor your parents and grandparents, associated by blood or adoption.

Even if they are divorced or separated, you can sponsor your parents and your grandparents’ spouses, or conjugal or common-law partners.

If your brothers and sisters, or half brothers and sisters are eligible dependent children you may include them in your application.

Should you decide to sponsor more than 1 person, you should meet the income requirements. You may also sponsor their dependants.

The people whom you want to sponsor must also meet certain eligibility like all required forms and documents must be submitted with their application. Including, medical certificates, police certificates, and biometrics.

You can also read more about Canada Immigration from our blog and read the latest updates from our website. We can help you find the life in Canada that you wish for. Contact us to know more about the process that you want to follow and we can help you decide.