Student Direct Stream

Depending on where you reside, you might be capable of getting a study permit sooner via the Student Direct Stream (SDS) in Canada. Most SDS applications are processed within 20 calendar days. Though, some applications may take on lengthier. To get quicker processing, you should

  • Give your biometrics as quickly as feasible
  • Meet everything on the eligibility conditions

A study permit is not a visa and is not, by itself, will permit you to travel to or go through Canada. You might also require a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). If required a visitor visa or eTA with your study permit will be provided.

Eligibility for Student Direct Stream (SDS) in Canada

To be eligible for quicker processing via the Student Direct Stream, you should:

  • Be a legitimate resident living in 1 of the following countries:
    • China
    • India
    • Morocco
    • Pakistan
    • Philippines
    • Senegal
    • Vietnam
  • Acquired an acceptance letter from a post-secondary designated learning institution
  • Demonstrate that you have given the tuition fees for your first year of study
  • Reside outside of Canada when you apply
  • Have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAN$10,000
  • Have a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion
    • If you plan to study in Quebec:
  • Should have a medical exam prior to your application (if needed)
  • Should have a police certificate prior to your application (if needed)
  • Should have your current secondary or post-secondary school transcript(s)
  • Should have a language test result that indicates:
    • A score of 6.0 or higher in each skill (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or
    • A Test d’évaluation de français (TEF) score that is equal to a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of at least 7 in each skill (reading, writing, speaking, and listening)

Differing on where you are applying from, you might also be required to deliver other documents. Make sure you incorporate all the papers needed by the visa office that handles your application.

Your spouse or partner and children can be with you in Canada

Your spouse or partner and children might also be able to get quicker processing on a

  • Visitor visa
  • Work permit
  • Study permit

You should carry out and submit their applications at the same time as your own. If not, there will be a delay in their application. When you apply, reveal that you have family members going with you to Canada.